Monday, March 31, 2014

Reviewing: Introductions (The Academy, Book #1)

Introductions (The Academy,Book #1)
By: C.L. Stone

What It's About!

With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. The only thing Sang craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary by her peers, because for her being different meant being cast out alone.

When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys nearly perfect in every way. Grateful for an influence outside of her parents’ negativity, she quickly bonds with the boys, hoping to blend in and learn from them what it means to have a natural relationship with friends.

Only the boys have secrets of their own and they’ll do anything to keep her safe from the knowledge of the mysterious Academy that they've sworn allegiance to. Bit by bit, Sang discovers that her friends are far from the normalcy she expected. Will her loyalty change when she's forced to remain in the dark, or will she accept that she's traded one house of secrets for another?

Meet Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North in a story about differences and loyalty, truth and mystery, friendships and heart-throbbing intimacy.

The Academy, ever vigilant.



What I Thought!

This book was referred to me by a friend. We have similar taste in books. I had a really hard time rating this. I went back and forth over and over whether it should be a three or four. I had to go with three because there were just too many issues....although it's very addicting. I'm sure I'll read every book in the series just to find out what happens. If I don't I'll probably go crazy from not knowing. 

I definitely could relate to Sang in the beginning. I was rather awkward, in my opinion, as a teenager. I still to this day am completely oblivious to flirting. I stopped relating when all of the sudden she had these gorgeous,talented, all different walks of guys with these skills fawning all over her. I'm not exaggerating either. There were like 9 of them! They were overly protective. One actually washed and styled her hair after meeting her. They even bought her a cell phone to keep in contact so her crazy family wouldn't find out. (That's a whole other can of worms.) It's like where were all those hot caring too good to be true guys when I was an awkward new girl in high school with controlling parents? Where was my pink cell phone? lol 

Alright there is some serious child abuse going on in her household. It confused me that all of the guys were very protective right from the start with Sang over the tiniest things like tripping or falling, but when they hear her mother made her chug lemon juice and vinegar, as a punishment for a male caller, they allow her to go home and don't report anything? Unbelievable. 

Okay now onto the guys. At first my initial observation was a cult....apparently that's not it. There's a leader. They know where everyone is at all times. Apparently there is some training. As we know they are sent from the Academy to attend a rather dangerous and low funded public school to try to set an example. I wondering if they're FBI? Or undercover cops? I've even thought they were werewolves in some pack, but maybe I've been reading too much paranormal books lately. 

So at the end of the book I didn't really get any answers that I wanted. I guess that is what keeps readers hooked. Now I have to know what the academy is and who Sang chooses out of the many eligible bachelors that are obsessed with her. My emotions reading this were so confusing, because I was so annoyed with the too good to be true things that happened, but at the same time addicted to the story. Let's hope I'll get more answers with the next book, because I know I'm going to break down and buy them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment