Sunday, March 9, 2014

Reviewing: Her Best Laid Plans (book)

Her Best Laid Plans
By: Eve Devon

What It's About!

(Description I found) Love is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans… 


My Description:

Amanda has decided this New Year is going to be different. She has a plan this year for her resolution and she is going to stick to it no matter what. Then her world  turns  upside  down. She goes  from being the wingman/savior to the successful, sexy, all business, non-committing, playboy, Jared King, to finding out she may harbor more than a friendship attraction. Only problem is... he is her brother's best friend. Big NO NO. Her roommate/ brother is getting married  and is looking  for her to branch out and fly on her own. So when a sudden opportunity arises to fly to London to be Jared's personal assistant and gain a very important reference of employment, she takes it. A business trip is not the only thing in store for Amanda. She's in for learning a lot about herself and what she wants in life. Plans don't always work accordingly. 


My Take!

I got this book through Net Galley in turn for an honest review.

I really hate giving low stars ratings out, but this book just didn't do it for me. To me, you have to believe in not just the story, but the characters love story. I didn't believe in Jared and Amanda's story. I want a book to be a page turner to where I can't sleep in excitement on what is to happen. I went on Vacation and it took me almost two weeks to get through the read. (I read a book a day usually.) It was very hard to get into as well as stay focused on. Jared was wishy-washy and arrogant. Amanda was whiny and dependent. It seemed when I finally got into the book reading the author would skip ahead or change the point of view of character. Not to mention the ending was rushed and a bit unbelievable. She forgave way too easy, and the last "plan" had me so confused I had to reread it. It's very important for me to find memorable quotes in books that speak to my heart and that wasn't found in this book. I'm a bit disappointed. This is just my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment