Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Reviewing: Wounded Courage

Wounded Courage
By: S.M. Butler

What It's About!

He chose a military career...
Navy SEAL Eamon Murphy regrets never kissing his best friend's sister at graduation. Addison kept him twisted in knots growing up, with her vivacious smile and her gorgeous curves. He thought he was over her. But finding her at the wrong end of his gun three years later is only the beginning, and Murphy just might have to break all his rules to keep her safe.

She chose adventure...
Addison Hardy enrolled in her university's exchange program to prove she wasn't just the family black sheep. How was she to know her exotic French boyfriend would be the son of an international arms dealer? Or that his murder would land her in the custody of one brooding SEAL with a chip on his shoulder?

Now it might be too late for them to choose love.
Their chemistry is flammable--and potentially explosive--but there are complications, silly little things like Addison being arrested, Murphy's unwavering devotion to duty, and all her dead boyfriend's enemies out to kill her. But the final conflagration might not be at all what they're expecting.



My Thoughts!

I received this book through Net Galley in turn for an honest review.

I was really excited for this book. Especially because I read and connected with the first one. I have to say I was a bit let down. I just couldn't connect with Addison and Murphy. I didn't understand why she wouldn't cooperate with the seals. I mean it's not like they were strangers and she wasn't sure of their intentions. It was her brother and their lifelong good friend on the team that rescued her. The fact that she physically tried to fight them off and escape the navy seal compound was a bit laughable and unrealistic. Also the ending was farfetched too. No the book wasn't horribly written. Yes I read it. I wouldn't refer it to anyone or read it again. It didn't change me. I wasn't rooting for the couple. I liked the first book in the series much more. So I'm open to reading another book in the series. I just hope things get back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment