Sunday, June 15, 2014

Reviewing: A Shade of Blood

A Shade of Blood
By: Bella Forrest

What It's About!

In A Shade Of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…

When Sofia Claremont was kidnapped to a sunless island, uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet, she believed she’d forever be a captive of its dark ruler, Derek Novak.

Now, after months of surviving an endless night, the morning sun may soon rise again for Sofia. Something has possessed Derek’s heart and he offers her a gift no human slave has ever been given in the history of his cursed island: escape. 

High school, prom and a chance to move on with her life now await her. 

But will she be able to forget the horrors that steal her sleep away at night? … and the feelings that haunt her for that tormented prince of darkness?


My Thoughts!

I purchased this book through Amazon almost instantly after reading the first one. I was honestly a bit disappointed. I thought that maybe this book would help me have a better relationship with the characters as they developed. I didn't. Ben was a bit pushy and selfish. Derek didn't really have me cheering in his corner either. I wasn't rooting for any of them. Although the vampires shared some glimpses into their past to try to have us understand them and their actions a bit better, I still couldn't connect. The twist with her dad...I totally saw coming. So the element of surprise wasn't there. I didn't find any memorable quotes to outshine other books. Unfortunately, the cliff hanger ending didn't keep me hooked. This is the last book I will have read in the series. 

For more of my revews...check out my blog:
thelatenightlamp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment