Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Reviewing: Song of The Fireflies (book)

Song of The Fireflies
by: J.A. Redmerski

What It's About!
Since they were kids, Elias Kline and Brayelle Bates have been inseparable. When Bray moves to South Carolina, separating the two for the first time, they both at last realize that their innocent childhood friendship has developed into something much more. So when Bray finally returns to Georgia—and to Elias—things between them couldn’t be more perfect…until one fateful night changes everything.

Desperate not to go to prison for a terrible accident, Elias and Bray decide to run. As they try to make the most of their freedom, the two find themselves relying on a rebellious group of people who tempt the duo into a wild and daring new life. But they can’t run from their troubles forever.

As the consequences of their past catch up to them, the couple must finally face reality. Even if they can make it through the unimaginable, Elias knows the truth about Bray’s painful history, and in the end he may not be able to save Bray from herself…

My Take!


So even though I didn't like the previous read (The Edge of Always ) I read into Song of the Fireflies, at the end of the book. It grasp my attention. I also noticed that it was available on Net Galley. I just wanted to get the same feel that I did reading The Edge of Never, because it was the same author. I wanted to give the author another chance. 
Song of The Fireflies was a pretty messed up story. It was too far out there for me. The whole running after killing someone,the drugs, the desperate sex, the whole bumming, and living from place to place had no appeal to me as a reader. I personally wasn't into that at all. I had trouble attaching to the characters as adults. Just the whole story and everyone that was in it had me thinking..gross. The parts I did like were the flashbacks from when they were kids and teenagers. I wish it was more of those stories rather than the chaos the rest of the book ended up being. I will say it was cool how Redmerski included Andrew and Camryn's beach scene from a different point of view. I didn't see that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment