Thursday, February 20, 2014

Reviewing: Forbidden (book)

Forbidden 
(The Soulkeepers,#1)
By: Lori Adams

What It's About!

When Sophia St. James learns that she’ll be moving from Los Angeles to a podunk town somewhere in Connecticut for her senior year of high school, she isn’t expecting an otherworldly encounter. But there is more to Haven Hurst than meets the eye: it’s home to a family of Guardian Angels, and she is the only one who can see them in spirit form. Sophia soon realizes she wants to see much more of Michael, an irresistible yet volatile Guardian who seems drawn to her too.

As Michael battles his forbidden desire for the beautiful young newcomer, one of Hell’s most notorious Demon Knights arrives. Handsome and charismatic, Dante has come to claim the reincarnated soul of his lost lover trapped in Sophia. Cursed with the demon of Persuasion living inside him, Dante will use his seductive charms to lure Sophia into a dangerous game that ends with the kiss of death—unless Michael, who has captured Sophia’s heart, can now capture her soul.

My Take!

I received this from Net Galley for an honest review. 

This book was awesome. I stayed up all night reading it. The characters were attachable. I could envision myself in the story as if I was living along with them. I loved the town description. Just everything. Michael's character was "swoon worthy". Certain parts during the book had me smiling like a goofy teenager. It was different than other paranormal stories that I've read. This is a book I could definitely see myself reading over more than once. I just loved it. It's important to me to find worthy quotes in the books I read. It makes them important when they speak to my heart. For me to give a 5 star rating it has to have at least one. It did. I'll add it when I get my hands on a copy of the finished book. I cant wait for the next two books to come out. I want more! Lori Adams did an excellent job. I would most definitely suggest it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment