Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Reviewing: Endless (book)

Endless
by: Amanda Gray
 
A Little Taste of What It's About!
 
Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.

When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back.

While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.
 
My Personal Take On The Book!
To me this book had a lot of interesting things to be a great read. Unfortunately I just couldn't lose my self in it the way awesome books always do. By the time I got interested in Jennie's current story, the author would give a dream/flashback and have me focus on Maria. I never had the time to really get to know Jennifer or Maria due to the constant flip flopping. The love interest was there with Jennie too short of time. I didn't have the chance to really know him or get to root for him in the book. It's like she suddenly fell in crazy love with this stranger, and cast aside her only other male companion, Ben. Very confusing. I would understand more if we had more of the relationship Maria had with him. Or that Jennie somehow started to remember him and the past life she had, but that wasn't the case. I think this read had too many pots stirring on the stove with nothing really worth while in them. I'm not satisfied and don't have the hunger I should to even read the next one, even if it becomes a series. It just seemed rather juvenile. There were no memorable quotes or songs either. That is super important to me. I do have to give a shout out to NetGalley for allowing me to read it and give an honest review. This is just my personal opinion.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment