Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reviewing: The Edge of Never (book)


The Edge of Never
by: J.A. Redmerski

A Little Taste of What It's About!
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?
My Personal Take On The Book...

This book did exactly what I look for when I read. It captivated me. I felt the characters lives were my own.  When they hurt.  I hurt. Moments of joy. I caught myself smiling.  This story had me on the edge of my seat til the very end. I  related a lot to it. It awakened a lot of emotions in me. Dreams, regrets, and plans. It made me think. Some cynics believe you can't take away anything from a romance novel and that simply isn't true. This book was a new adult romance, but it taught me and reminded me things that have been forgotten or swept up in every day life. It's rare for me to give a five star rating, but this book deserves it, in my opinion. I got a memorable quote and a meaningful song that spoke to my soul. 
Andrew:
I liked Andrew's  character. He lived his life to the fullest. He wasn't without fault. He like every other person in his world wasn't perfect, but it was so refreshing to experience a character like him. He constantly pushed Camryn past her limits. He was the strong support behind her assuring her in her capability to believe in herself and the decisions she makes in life. He encouraged her to make her own choices basted on what she wanted, not what everyone else expected from her, but what her soul longed for.   His sex appeal and ability to sing and play guitar didn't hurt any either. 
Camryn:
I related so much to her character. People in this world like to push others into living a life "they" think is correct. She had the courage to ignore them for once.  She was so used to living life by the book, structured into her day to day , that she forgot what she wanted. So she set out with no map to escape the normalcy. To explore. No certain destination other than to find herself. She harbored a lot of bitter feelings on what she thought was love, and just shut off the world. Until she found Andrew. 

"I think when you fall in love, like true love, it's love for life. All the rest is just experiences and delusions"

He taught her to have voice. Say what you want out loud. Try new things. Be scared. It's all a part of the experience of life. She let her hair down and it was really refreshing to read her story. I also loved the fact that she was loyal to the very end. That is so important to me. 
New Orleans:
A huge piece of my heart lives there. I loved that they went there. I swear I could imagine myself sitting in that smoky bar listening to him sing. (Laugh, I Nearly Died by the Rolling Stones. In fact while I was reading that part, I pulled my headphones out and listened to the song as I read.  It moved me. I of coarse immediately downloaded the song.  Camryn's love for The Civil Wars was appealing to me as well. It's like the author was speaking to my soul. It's nice to read a book that has a lot of things that you hold dear personally in it.  
So many parts in this book made me smile. I  wish to could be that kind of person who can just pull over and try to sleep underneath a blanket of stars in an open field. Or climb  on the hood of your car during a random rainstorm and watch the drops fall to your face. I have a problem letting go. I see the world black& white and forget I'm allowed to live in the grey from time to time. Spontaneity is import.Sometimes when we live life we  just get so wrapped up in the normalcy of things that we forget that  those off the beaten path moments are what we look back on and cherish. Sometimes we need to just let go. Sing out loud. Learn not to constantly look behind your back to see who is watching or judging when making decisions. We have only one life to live. It should be spent the way you want. This is just my personal take. I don't regret reading this book. I loved it. It gives  me hope for more meaningful new adult romance novels in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment