Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reviewing: Push (book)

Push
By: Claire Wallis

What It's About!

I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.

I hope the cyclone never stops.

Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma'swalking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…



My Thoughts!

I received this book through Net Galley in turn for an honest review. 

So many mixed feelings about this read. It was crazy. She was crazy. He was crazy. Their upbringings were crazy. Their relationship was anything but healthy. They both had anger issues. David was controlling and secretive. Emma had this twisted need for companionship and protection. They completely rushed into a toxic relationship, that somehow balanced them both out. It's like when you watch a movie that shows you the ending at the beginning. You know what's going to happen and it's going to be horrible and anything but happy. Yet you still watch. You still root for the couple and all their insane baggage. You hope the whole way through that somehow through all the mess, they will work it out. This book gave me feelings of watching a horror movie with my hands over my face, but watching through my fingers. Reading this book, I didn't want to like it. I thought I had my mind made up when Emma took it upon herself to barge in to thank David by seducing him in front of his friends uninvited. Then somehow I got hooked and was unable to put this book down. It ended with To be continued...I've got to read the next book. This is a true example of a good guilty read. Everything about it is so messed up,but you can't help to have more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment